Alumni Spotlight: Ola Jimoh ’10

Ola Jimoh

Meet UCI Public Health alumni, Ola Jimoh, who graduated from UCI in 2018 with a major in Public Health Policy and a minor in Civic and Community Engagement.

Tell us about your current job post UCI:

I will be starting a new role as a Senior Specialist on Blue Shield’s Corporate Citizenship team. In this role, I will be working on corporate giving efforts and supporting grantmaking for their BlueSky initiative, focused on youth and mental health services. I am most excited about combining my experience in philanthropy in this role and diving into how large corporations can leverage their resources, networks, and employees for good, to ultimately create lasting social impact, especially within historically underserved communities. I am excited to step into this new position and look forward to the many new opportunities, challenges, and learnings!

Who inspires you?

My older brother continuously inspires me. He is the most hardworking person I know and never fails to push me to keep dreaming. I am inspired by his perseverance and the many sacrifices he has made to be who he is today.

What is your favorite UCI memory?

My favorite UCI memory was spending time in the Cross-Cultural Center (CCC). From the Black Student Union (BSU) room, many cultural events, and heavy sense of community, the CCC was a mini home away from home. The staff became instant mentors and other students became lasting friends who I am still connected to today. It was a great space to be around other students of color and perfectly center to ring road for those quick Wendy’s trips.  

What is your favorite quote or message to current students?

My message to current students is no one is able to walk your path like you can — so don’t forget to march to the beat of your own drum! You cannot miss what is meant for you and we are all on our own unique journey that will take us places we could’ve never imagined.