UCI Public Health Students Receive 2021 Dynamic Womxn of UCI Awards

Ms. Olivia Longhetto, a current public health undergraduate student, and Ms. Janielle Vidal, a current PhD student in the joint public health/school of medicine program, were among only three UCI colleagues to receive Academic Achievement Awards.

Ms. Longhetto was recognized for her career focus on community-based approaches to ameliorating the proliferation of diseases with an emphasis on impacts to women in the workplace and the potential positive effects of solutions.

Ms. Vidal was recognized for her commitment to extra-curricular racial bias training. Her work has contributed to several substantial changes at UCI’s Medical School.

Olivia_Longhetto

It is a pleasure being a part of the UCI community and having had opportunities to interact with so many dynamic people here.”

Ms. Oliva Longhetto

The Dynamic Womxn Award from the UCI Womxn’s Hub was such an unexpected honor! Wherever I go I always try to serve and improve the community I am a part of, and I am immensely grateful to be recognized as such a person.”

– Ms. Janielle Vidal
Janielle_Vidal

Dynamic Womxn of the Year

Ms. Herschell Valenova Dayag, a current master’s student in public health, was among only four other UCI colleagues recognized as a Dynamic Womxn of the Year. She was recognized for her engagement in community service.

“It is the highest honor to be recognized as the Graduate Student Winner of the 2021 Dynamic Womxn of the Year Award. Being a part of the University of California, Irvine for over 7 years, earning my bachelor’s and master’s degrees and attaining extensive training from the Program in Public Health’s prestigious faculty and my distinguished medical mentors, have collectively fueled my commitment to education, research, community service, and mentorship. Through academia, service, and advocacy for preventative care, I am devoted to continuing to empower and provide a healthier future for my community, locally and globally.”

Our sincerest congratulations to Ms. Longhetto Ms. Vidal, and Ms. Dayag for their incredible accomplishments, you make us proud. In its eighth year, Dynamic Womxn of UCI Awards recognize and celebrate the accomplishments of women and the work that they do to make a difference in the community. It is also a celebration of the diversity of women who are breaking barriers and making an impact at UCI and beyond.

Herschell Valenova Dayag_thumbnail

Through academia, service, and advocacy for preventative care, I am devoted to continuing to empower and provide a healthier future for my community, locally and globally.”

Ms. Herschell Valenova Dayag

Click HERE for a full list of recipients.