New Undergraduate Students


To change to Public Health majors, attend our Student Parent Orientation Program (SPOP) advising session.

If you have already attended SPOP and decided to change majors afterward you can do so by following these steps:

  • Making a 30 minute appointment with a Public Health counselor before fall classes start.

Students that do not change majors before fall classes begin can still change majors by following the criteria that has been established for continuing students.

Transfer Students

Junior-level applicants with the highest grades overall and who satisfactorily complete lower-division requirements will be given preference for admission to the Public Health majors.

  • Public Health Policy: All applicants to the B.A. degree in Public Health Policy must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 and a minimum GPA of 3.0 in required courses, and complete one year of social science courses in any combination of the following topics, as articulated on from the Community College for the Public Health Policy major: anthropology, economics, sociology, political science and/or psychology.
  • Public Health Science: All applicants to the B.S. degree in Public Health Sciences must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 and a minimum GPA of 3.0 in required courses, one year of general chemistry with laboratory, and one year of courses equivalent to UCI's Biological Sciences 93 and 94.

Transfer students have 3 years, (9) quarters , not including summers, to complete their degree here at UCI.

Major Change Criteria for Public Health:

Transfer students who want to change majors must follow the criteria above before classes begin in Fall. If major change criteria is not met upon admission, students must attend orientation for their admitted major and follow criteria for continuing students.

Copyright © 2022 The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.